Exercise, but better.
Have you been having some health issues?
Are you keen to get back into exercise post injury?
Have you had a long break since hitting the gym and are not quite sure where to start?
Are you concerned about your risk of falling?
Do you like exercising in groups or under the guidance of a trained eye?
If you've answered yes to any of these questions, EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY is definitely for you! Our exercise physiologist at EVOLVE HEALTH ILLAWARRA will work with you to understand your individual health goals and will create an individualized program or set you up in a group class to get you on your way to being a fitter, stronger, safer version of you.
Live smart. Evolve.
WHAT IS EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY?
Exercise Physiologists use exercise as a treatment to improve health and wellbeing and specialise in developing personalised exercise programs to prevent and manage chronic conditions or injury.
EX PHYS FAQS
WHO IS EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY SUITABLE FOR?
Exercise Physiologists work with people living with a range of medical conditions which may include:
· Cardiovascular disease (e.g. hypertension, coronary heart disease)
· Respiratory diseases
· Metabolic disease (e.g. diabetes, prediabetes)
· Neurological disease (e.g. MS, Parkinsons, stroke)
· Musculoskeletal disease (e.g. arthritis, osteoporosis, lower back pain, sarcopenia)
· Depression and other mental health conditions
· High risk of falls
· Persistent pain
· Recovery from illness, injury or operations
· And people who simply want advice on lifestyle modification to improve health
WHAT EX PHYS SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT EVOLVE?
· Small Group Exercise Therapy (individualised programs in a group setting)
· Individualised exercise sessions
· Older adults exercise groups
· Diabetes management programs
· Chronic Disease Management programs
· Falls Prevention programs
· LSVT Big Therapy (this is an intensive physical therapy program for people diagnosed with Parkinson's)
ARE REBATES AVAILABLE?
The following rebates are available for all our programs
· Medicare (Chronic Disease Management plan and Type 2 Diabetes group exercise)
· Private Health insurance
· NDIS (self and plan managed clients only)
· Aged Care Funding
· Workers Compensation
· CTP insurance
DO I NEED A GP REFERRAL LETTER?
No – no referral is needed.
If you wish to claim back the cost of your treatment through either the Medicare EPC program, Work Cover or Third Party Insurance, a referral from your nominated treating doctor is required.
EXERCISE RIGHT FOR ACTIVE AGEING
Are you over 65?
Would you benefit from an affordable, supervised group exercise program to improve your fitness, strength and balance?
Contact us about our exercise programs partially funded by the Exercise Right for Active Ageing initiative or trial a free class!
Julie is originally from the UK and has been involved in the health, sports and fitness industry for over 30 years. She taught Physical Education for 15 years before completing a Masters in Exercise and Health Science. This led to a change in career path and she created a gym offering personalised exercise programs and group classes. She ran the gym for 8 years before moving to Australia.
Recognising the benefit of exercise in treating illness and restoring and maintaining health, Julie completed a Bachelor of Exercise Science and Rehabilitation at the University of Wollongong. After graduating she worked as an Exercise Physiologist in Kiama before joining Evolve Health. She is also a certified therapist for the LSVT BIG® program, an intensive 4-week physical therapy intervention to help people at all stages of Parkinson's Disease.
Julie is passionate about the value of exercise as medicine and has experience prescribing evidence-based exercise to people of all ages, fitness level levels and needs.